6 Things Your Inventory Management System Should Be Doing for YouBrett Wilkerson
Retailers often fall into the unfortunate trap of not upgrading their “tried and true” inventory management system because it seems to be working fine. However, even it runs smoothly, an out-of-date system often cannot provide even the most basic features provided by modern RFID solutions. Sticking to methods such as manual inventories or older barcode systems can cause you to be less productive and miss out on a host of efficiency-boosting benefits, leading to your company being less competitive overall.
Is It Time to Upgrade Your Inventory Management System?
Here are some of the most impressive benefits provided by today’s cutting-edge RFID-based inventory management systems. If your current technology doesn’t provide these kinds of features, it may be time for an upgrade:
Features of Inventory Management System
- Real-Time Visibility: Modern RFID technology offers instantaneous data delivery through passive and active RFID devices. This data can then be displayed on custom dashboards and map displays on different kinds of devices, giving you a consistently up-to-date, accurate picture of your inventory.
- Event Monitoring: Event monitoring refers to the generation of real-time actions and notifications that help to safeguard operations procedures. These notifications include video- and email-based notifications and alerts that are triggered when different types of conditions present themselves based on real-time data. For example, you can receive alerts when an item reaches stock below a certain number.
- Pinpoint Accuracy: When it comes to accuracy, nothing is better than the latest RFID technology. Modern systems can track and locate inventory items and other assets so that operators can pinpoint the location of items within inches.
- Device Management: This refers to the ability to manage external hardware seamlessly, including printers/encoders, sensors and other external hardware that can be operated and maintained through web-based operator environments.
- Platform Integration: Modern RFID tech can be applied to a wide array of platforms that include desktop, web-based systems and mobile systems quickly and easily. RFID inventory tracking software systems can be integrated to work with different kinds of ERP, WMS, and different proprietary systems like Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server, XML, FTP/SFTP, and Web Services.
- Customization: Modern RFID systems are customizable, meaning that operators have control over their inventory management systems to ensure they meet the unique needs of their business. They also offer scalable solutions that range from enterprise-wide applications to select area monitoring.
MSM Solutions PortalTrack System
MSM Solutions’ top-of-the-line RFID solution, PortalTrack, can do all of the above and more. PortalTrack can be used on any device through a cloud-based, IoT architecture, making it accessible no matter where you are. It offers flexible, customizable application development through a scalable platform that can be tailored to meet your business’s specific requirements.
Some of the benefits of MSM Solutions’ PortalTrack System include:
- Reduced Operational Costs: The automation offered by PortalTrack dramatically reduces costs associated with labor, errors and manual processes.
- Flexible Cost Structure: Begin with a single application and upgrade as needed to global solutions that accommodate your business affordably as you grow.
- Boost Supply Chain Efficiency: Achieve real-time visibility from source to shelf in every area of your operation.
- Lifetime MSM Solutions Support: Receive complete turnkey support by world-class technicians for life.
When the cost-saving advantages of having an RFID inventory management system become clear, savvy business owners and managers will want to incorporate these benefits in their daily operations. This is where MSM Solutions’ PortalTrack System comes in. It combines cutting-edge, scalable RFID inventory tracking software and unmatched lifetime customer support to create the most efficient, accurate inventory management system available. PortalTrack puts retailers in complete control of their inventory, allowing them to focus more resources on other important aspects such as customer service.